[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Ideas for daughter cards?

Ideas for daughter cards?

Sub forum for Parallella daughter cards and accessories

Moderator: Folknology

Re: Ideas for daughter cards?

Postby Gravis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:45 am

Gravis

Postby shodruk » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:21 am

How can we build PCIe Parallella?
Is it like this?

PCIe------FPGA(that has Gbps tranceiver, and cheap one)-------Epiphany

ex. EP4CGX15BF14C8N : $25 on digikey

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby Sundance » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Flemming Christensen
Mobile: +44 7 850 911 417;
Email: Flemming.C@Sundance.com
Company Home Page:
Sundance

Postby Morgaine » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:27 pm

Morgaine

Postby Sundance » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:40 pm

Morgaine.

You did not get the irony that you state that Stackable are not used on this Planet and we have them flying in space. They are, correctly, not serviced in space as conformal coated, sealed and wrapped up, etc.

Samtec are the manufactures of the connectors used on Parallella and the PC/104 Express uses similar connector. The PC/104 were DIN look-alike original, like 20 years ago. I recall a cycle-count of 1000 for Samtec's Q connectors - and why would anybody need to remove a Module more than that?? If you insist, then I will find the report in my pile in the office. ;)

You do not like 'Stackable'... - fine! - but millions of Embedded Systems does. That is my point and my reason to enter this discussions as I believe you are wrong in this respect.

Back to Parallella, then - The Parallella choice of expansion via high-density connectors was the only choice, as so many I/O pins are available and I am confident that carriers boards will be developed and supported in the future. It gives Parallella the scalability we want for Multiprocessing.

Also, unlike is will change, so learn to endorse it. 8-)
Flemming Christensen
Mobile: +44 7 850 911 417;
Email: Flemming.C@Sundance.com
Company Home Page:
Sundance

Postby Morgaine » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:25 am

Last edited by Morgaine on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Morgaine

Postby shodruk » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:28 pm

Because I'm a software guy, so I don't know much about hardware, but, I think my is a sort of virtualization of gpu-cpu bus using Ethernet, it runs with sufficient performance even with 100Mbps NIC.

Ken Kutaragi said, "The network will become the peer-to-peer computing bus.", when he made the Cell/B.E.
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby Morgaine » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Morgaine

Postby shodruk » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:10 am

I think that it would be nice if chips talk IPv6 directly instead of bus protocol, and using photon instead of electron. (means silicon photonics)

Then there is no need to spend logics for Bus-IP conversion, and we can connect chips to the other side of the planet earth easily.

I'm not kidding.

People will laugh at me, but it may become standard in the future. ;)
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby shodruk » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:16 pm

I am not talking about just a network interface chip.
This is for any chips.
On this architecture, we can assign local/global IP address to phisical memory/IO address.
Isn't it exciting? :D
Shodruky
shodruk

PreviousNext

Return to Daughter Cards & Accessories